Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wales to Ireland






Wales has diverse countryside including lakes, mountains and pretty villages. We drove through a slate mining area where the hills were literally all slate and the village and port were very 'werka's cottage' style, lined up along the hillsides around the port. Wales has rhywbeth i bawb (something for everyone)!! I know, impressive, we are speaking fluent Welsh already! The town names are like my texting!! Llandudno, Betws-y-Coed, Ffestiniog etc., and we got horribly lost en route to Porthmadog! Eventually, found Holyhead (sort of still talking) and hopped, well drove, onto the ferry for Dublin!!!


2 comments:

  1. I took a photo of our land rover and Llandovery which sounded so similar (and a perfect scrapbooking page) until a Welshman told me otherwise.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your photo LOL! Hope you are having lovely Easter hols Rob, lots of love to you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete